Monday, July 12, 2010

Another Question

Can we build on to a monument to our woman that already exists? I have been looking at the Sunday Times Heritage Project website and my woman has a really great monument to her already and I think that maybe I could design something around it, that incorporates other aspects of her life in to the monument . Can we do that? Add on to someone else's idea I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see why not. I think what would be neccessary in that case is a good, solid explanation of why you think the current monument is good, but how your addition would add to/ improve what is currently there. Also, you would have to be sure that the new and old elements don't clash - try to be sure you understand the ideas behind the original monument so that you can add on to it, and just make sure you explain in detail why there needs to be an addition - what aspects of remembrance do you feel have not been covered in the current monument? What ideas have you added and why were these important?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.